I am a non-denominational minister ordained through Universal Life Church. I officiate and write personalized wedding ceremonies. I offer a popular alternative to using a Justice of the Peace and cater to those who consider themselves more spiritual than religious.
A wedding ceremony should be personal and reflect who you are as both individuals and as a couple. I work with couples to identify and prioritize each person's needs and dreams and create a ceremony that highlights and honors the commitment they are making to each other.
I also work with families in writing and delivering eulogies after a loved one has passed..
Simply put, I help couples learn how to best communicate.
Couples can affirm their commitment to one another through ongoing check-ins to discuss the state of the relationship, identify challenges before they arise, and build a joint plan for problem-solving that fosters an environment of trust, respect, love and appreciation.
Who benefits from couples communication?
Committed couples that are over scheduled and need to schedule time aside with a neutral facilitator to work on enhancing their communication skills with accountability.
Why do we need help communicating?
This approach creates a proactive means of balancing work, family and your relationship to foster greater peace and happiness
When should a couple seek communications consulting?
Trust, love and respect should continue to build in a healthy relationship. If at any time, couples feel they are not growing together or communicating, they should seek support from a neutral facilitator.
Communicate before conflict erupts around apparently trivial concerns or either person is feeling a need to reconnect.
When either party could describe their relationship as “two ships passing in the night” and need to better balance their responsibilities.
How is this different from counseling?
Counseling tends to delve into the past and explore problem areas after resentment and anger have already built. Communication is about developing skills that will empower people to cultivate their own solutions to deal with challenges before and as they occur. If the couple is committed to this communications process, they will enjoy benefits much quicker.
How does it work?
The facilitation process involves the following sessions:
1. Meeting with both parties either individually or privately to learn more about life demands and each individuals needs
2. Meet with couple together so that each can share their perspective on the strengths of the relationship and areas they would like to focus more attention to benefit the relationship
3. Explore the feelings and interests that could influence change
4. Prioritize areas to strengthen and any issues to address
5. Facilitate a brainstorm for couples to discuss solutions for overcoming challenges that might work for both parties
6. Periodic check in meetings with couples to monitor progress and maintain strong communication
What's it like?
It's about learning new skills in communication and using these skills to address the difficulties that have arisen.
People rely on their own experiences to draw conclusions about what motivates the actions of another. They often rush to judgments without listening to the other person’s feelings and perspective. Slowing down the process and allowing each person the chance to speak, listen and be heard deepens empathy and provides clarification in misunderstandings. These revelations transform judgment and teach communication skills that will enable people to deal with present and future difficulties.
What is expected from clients?
To enhance both communication and connection, each person needs to bring an open mind and a willingness to listen
What are the advantages of using a facilitator to help us communicate?
Setting aside the time to make your relationship a priority and holding yourselves accountable for happiness is the key to a long and happy relationship.
Modeling good communication and making your relationship a priority will make your children feel safe and serve as a positive reference for their own future relationships
The advantages to utilizing this facilitative process are:
• You dedicate a time and have a safe place to address your feelings in a positive and private environment
• You learn strong communication skills, practice good listening, co-operation, responsibility and form a better understanding of each other’s concerns
• You have a neutral, experienced facilitator who will help you set goals to keep your relationship strong
• You proactively deal with difficult emotional issues before they lead to anger and resentment
• Differences can be discussed more rationally during an allocated time rather than during the heat of the moment when emotions are highest
As a communications specialist and trained mediator, I facilitate communication between parties to help them clearly identify issues and work with them to help them create a lasting solution.
What is Mediation?
Mediation provides a safe place where people can talk through their conflict in a productive manner. A neutral mediator helps people in conflict:
• Communicate for better understanding
• Identify the issues and each party’s interests
• Develop creative solutions
• Negotiate a lasting agreement that works for everyone
Mediation agreements are not legally binding, and mediators do not decide who is right or wrong. The parties make the agreement; the mediators are there to help the parties communicate. We do not handle cases involving criminal behavior, nor do we give legal advice, but we can refer you to the appropriate legal agency to help with your case.
Mediation services are:
• Restorative: Mediation honors relationships and helps build better communication and understanding.
• Effective: Through mediation, you will learn techniques that help you resolve future conflict.
• Confidential: Statements you make in mediation are protected under confidentiality contract and cannot be used in court.
• Affordable: Sliding scale means no one is turned away because of inability to pay.
• Voluntary: Mediation is based on the voluntary cooperation and good faith of the parties.
Would you like to communicate better with each other and make your relationship a priority?
Our seminars and workshops can help motivate you to take accountability for your role in your relationships, learn how to better communicate with you colleagues or partner, address dissatisfaction before it manifests, reduce conflict, increase efficiency and create lasting happiness.